Welcome to my guest post feature, Rec It Reads! I am thrilled to host a new Blogger/Bookstagrammer/Booktuber each week! This feature will run every Thursday. If you’re interested in participating, sign up below.
I’m thrilled to have Jamie on my blog today! She’s one of the coolest people I’ve met (yes I’ve met her in real life!) and her rec really convinced me to give the books a shot! Take a look!
Hi there people who read Sarah’s blog! My name is Jamie and I am here to sell you on one of my favourite books of all time today! But first, I want to say thank you to Sarah for having me on her blog and also this is a great feature! I searched through the other posts to make sure no one had talked about my book yet (and thankfully they hadn’t) and there are a LOT of great books being recommended. Make sure you search for the other posts and check them out.
However, if you want to, you know, see what I recommend, you can keep reading! Today I’m going to talk to you about the
AIR AWAKENS Series by Elise Kova.
Now, if you follow me on Twitter, I talk about this book a lot, so I’m sure you either 1) guessed that this is what I was going to say or 2) are rolling your eyes right now, but hear me out. This is one of the best YA Fantasy series I have ever read. I’m going to give you 10 reasons why you should pick it up immediately, if you haven’t already done so.
- All the books are out so you can binge them all in a weekend (or day like I do)
- It has a complex elemental magic system.
- Vhalla, the main character, starts off as a library apprentice. I mean, who doesn’t like books here? If you don’t, I think you are visiting the wrong type of blog…
- All the characters make mistakes and are honestly flawed. But in a good way. You understand why they do certain things even if you are screaming at them not to.
- What’s more, those flaws have real consequences for the characters and their relationships.
- NO ONE IS SAFE. You will cry.
- There are little snippets of information and clues everywhere that you don’t realise are important until later on, sometimes even in a later book, making this series perfect for rereading!
- The plot is intense from beginning to end, filled with lots of action and kickass moments that will make you cheer and grin like an idiot.
- It has a whole host of fabulous secondary characters (Jax, Larel, Fritz… AND MORE).
- The chemistry keeps building and building and SPARKS off the pages.
And as a bonus, HOT PRINCES.
So what are you waiting for? Go buy it! Read it! Live it! Love it!
Jamie is a Canadian book blogger who owns more books than she can fit in her room. She mostly reads YA but has a soft spot for all types Science Fiction and Fantasy, so she carries those around with her as well. Jamie typically reads while drinking tea, curled up in a little ball for maximum warmth.
About the Book
Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1)
by Elise Kova
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond…
The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.
Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.
Thanks, Jamie! Make sure to follow her on all her platforms!
Are you interested in participating? Fill out the form and I will be contact with you once a week opens up!