Welcome to the official blog tour for Ransom Riggs’ Tales of the Peculiar releasing September 3rd! I am thrilled to share with you today “The YA Book Traveler’s Home for Peculiar Book Characters!” Check out the amazing giveaway below! #LoopDayIsComing
About Tales of the Peculiar
Before Miss Peregrine gave them a home…the story of peculiars was written in the Tales.
Wealthy cannibals who dine on the discarded limbs of peculiars. A fork-tongued princess. These are but a few of the truly brilliant stories in Tales of the Peculiar—the collection of fairy tales known to hide information about the peculiar world, including clues to the locations of time loops—first introduced by Ransom Riggs in his #1 bestselling Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children series.
Riggs now invites you to share his secrets of peculiar history, with a collection of original stories in this deluxe volume of Tales of the Peculiar. Featuring stunning illustrations from world-renowned artist Andrew Davidson, this compelling, rich, and truly peculiar anthology is the perfect gift for not only fans, but for all lovers of great storytelling.
The YA Book Traveler’s Home for Peculiar Book Characters
In Ransom’s book, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Jacob Portman discovers a whole new world he never knew existed. Peculiars. At this home, he meets many other kids with special abilities and his world turns upside down!
I thought it’d be fun to imagine if I was going to live in a house with book characters who each had unique abilities, who would I choose? I’d love to hear who you’d pick!
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: How can anyone think of peculiars and not think of Luna? She’s probably my favorite Harry Potter character because even though she’s different she’s wholeheartedly genuine. Her ability to sense the paranormal in the atmostphere would be a great asset to any home, especially if we were hiding from the bad guys. She has a great gift but also she’d be a lot of fun!
- Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: There are two reasons I picked Rhysand 1) He’s the most powerful fey around. 2) *wink* If you’ve read the books, you know why! Rhysand is powerful but also will fight to the death for you! This is a person I’d definitely want in my house!
- Mr. Kindly from Nevernight by Jay Kristoff: Who doesn’t love snarky talking cats? If they don’t, then they’re wrong! A house isn’t a home without a cat and I’d love to have Mr. Kindly from Nevernight as a part of it. He eats your fear. Plus you’ll never be alone with Mr. Kindly around.
- Jacob Portman from Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: I loved Jacob. It’s refreshing to have a main character for a book series be a boy, especially in Young Adult books. Plus Jacob has the ability to see, talk to, and control hollowgasts. Needless to say, he’s the right person to keep us all safe!
- Nix from The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig: Nix has the ability to travel anywhere, anytime as long as she has a map from that time. Time travel is part of this whole world (the Loops), so I think Nix would be an important person who could help me and my Peculiars escape to a new place if need be. The loop is a place where a day in time repeats over and over and the peculiars can stay safe from the hollowgasts.
What book characters would you like to live in your house?
Make sure to check out each day of the blog tour because there are some fantastic posts! The schedule is below along with an amazing giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Enter for a chance to win a finished copy of Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs and a Tales of the Peculiar poster and enamel pin (ARV: $27.00).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between 12:01 AM Eastern Time on August 24, 2016 and 11:59 PM Eastern Time on September 3, 2016. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about September 9, 2016. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.