There’s this moment and you finish a book and you’re like, “UGHHH….I did not like that! Why the heck is this book so popular???”
Yes, it stinks but it happens to us all. We become the dreaded BLACK SHEEP! No one wants to be the black sheep when it comes to a book, especially a very hyped or popular book but it’s bound to happen.
Honestly, when you go to the clothing store, do you like EVERYTHING on the shelves? No, of course not. Because everyone varies so much in their personal preferences, books are no exception.
We may love some and hate others while people we know may feel the exact opposite. It sucks to be on the black sheep side and we scramble Goodreads for other review for other people who also thought a particular book was crappy.
I created a button (the graphic at the top!) you are welcome to use in your reviews when you find yourself as a black sheep. Let’s stamp our reviews with pride because, you know what? Our opinions matter just as much. And there will be others who find comfort in not being the ONLY person who didn’t like a certain book.
My Black Sheep Moments
I’ve had quite a few books over the last couple years when I found myself in this predicament.
- The Wrath and the Dawn – I only liked the food in this book.
- The Storyspinner – Too many POVs and it was boring.
- An Ember in Ashes – It tried too hard to be intense.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – HOWEVER, I looooved A Court of Mist and Fury
- A Darker Shade of Magic – I thought it was okay but I wasn’t blown away like I expected.
- Anna and the French Kiss – Ugh…*eye rolls* Look at my review if you want to know why.
What are book you’ve been a black sheep on?
I’d love to hear what they were!