I was recently nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
by Ginger Cat. Thank you for the nomination! Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award’s logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers.
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.
So here goes!
Ginger Cat’s Questions:
1. Can you name 3 books that you would recommend to everyone?
Harry Potter of course is an easy answer but it’s more
than 3 books, so I’ll just make that an honorary mention. 😉
A. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.
I LOVE this series so much. To be honest, I do not like the cover
but because I kept seeing it everywhere, I decided to read it.
I love the characters so much. Even the secondary characters
are awesome. I wish Perry and Roar were real…
B. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I also LOVED this book.
It’s been agony having to wait for The Mime Order’s release.
This book took me by surprise.
C. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. This series is great.
I love the chemistry,the characters, the actions
and how real the characters
feelings and emotions are. They keep getting more
developed as the series progresses.
Plus, Sarah J. Maas is awesome. I got to see her at a
book signing and she’s SO FUNNY!
2. Who is your all-time favourite character from a book?
Wow, this is tough. I suppose I’ll go with Celeana from
Throne of Glass because in Heir of Fire she’s dealing with
some major depression in the beginning. I’ve had a tough
few years dealing with depression myself and I felt her
character was spot on with thoughts and emotions, doubts
and hurts that I went through emotionally as well. I could
relate the most to her (not the kick-ass warrior stuff,
that’d be awesome though!)
3. Do you prefer paperback, hardback or E-copy?
It kinda depends. My first reaction is to say hardback.
It’s nice having the actual feel of the book and even being
able to visually see my progress. Ebooks are nice for travel.
If I’m anywhere I can pick it up.
4. What is the next book on your ‘to be read’ pile?
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I won an eBook
of this and can’t wait to dive in!
5. Is there any book which completely surprised you? If so, why?
Starters by Lissa Price. I got this from the library
and it sounded interesting. It blew me away! My library
didn’t have the second book, Enders, and I was able to
get them to place an order for it.
6. Do you prefer to watch a film adaptation before
or after you read a book, or not at all?
After. The only tough thing with seeing it after
is picking out during the movie what stayed the same and
what was different. I’m almost analyzing too much the
first time through. (I did this with Catching Fire).
But I’d still rather read the book first.
7. If you were offered a free book of your choice right now,
which one would you pick and why?
Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes.
The first two books in this series, Falling Kingdoms
and Rebel Spring were SOOO good. Seriously,
if you haven’t read them, you NEED too.
8. What is the last book you read that you could not finish and why?
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson.
The first chapter was great, but I had trouble getting
into the characters. I just didn’t care about them
or what happened to them. I ended up looking it
up on Recaptains just to find out how it ends.
9. What book have you re-read the most times?
There are 2. I’ve read Harry Potter series 3 times,
and Under the Never Sky series 3 times.
10. What book, if any, did you have to read for school
but ended up really enjoying?
I LOVED 1984. I wasn’t much of a reader in
High School there were limited books for school I enjoyed.
1. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? 2. What is your favorite genre to read? 3. When did your loved for reading begin? 4. What author would you most like to meet (alive or dead)?
5. How many books do you buy in a month?
6. What book would you recommend everyone read?
7. Did you have a favorite childhood book (if not, what’s your favorite book now?)
8. What book character do you most identify with?
9. Are there any popular books you refuse to read?
10. Why do you love reading?
So…I am totally new to book blogging. I will nominate some
of my favorite bloggers BUT if you’ve done this then I apologize.
Please only participate if you’d like!
Sarah LeBlanc @ Aphonic Book Reviews Holly J @ The Fox’s Hideaway Ashley Colby @ The Caffeinated Booknerd Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
Shae/Shelver @ Shae has Left the Room