Welcome to my guest post feature, Rec It Reads! I am thrilled to host a new blogger/bookstagrammer/booktuber each week! This feature will run every Thursday. If you’re interested in participating, sign up below.
Special guest Jodi Meadows talks about the difference in publishing a duology versus a trilogy!
As someone who isn’t a writer (seriously, I could NEVER write a book, and I applaud all those who can) I’m always so fascinated by the process of publication. Since Jodi’s duology will be complete this year I knew she’d be the perfect to person to explain to us the benefits of duology!
Melanie from One Less Lonely Blog!
This month’s topic is “Top 5 Books I Want To Read In 2016”. Since there’s a lot of amazing books I’m waiting to come out this year, all sequels to already favorite series, I decided to make this list not about them. I will be sharing the top 5 books I already own and I want to read this year because they are in my TBR a while ago. Also, I’m participating in the RockMyTBR challenge so I’m going to pick 5 books from my list.
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien- Basically, Tolkien’s world is my life, and I haven’t read one of it’s more important book. I wanted to read it last year and I didn’t. Now I must read it this year.
- The Sin’s Eaters Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – Because Leigh Bardugo recommended it in a interview I read. Leigh Bardugo’s recommendations are priorities.
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows- I been wanting to read this book since before it came out and I still haven’t find the right moment to read it. Hopefully I will soon.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – I’m going to count this as one but what I mean is that I want to read the whole series this year. I already read The Sorcerer’s Stone and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I have 6 more books to go. This was not on my TBR list but I was planning to read this series this year.
- 99 Days by Katie Coutugo – I love the way Katie writes and after loving How To Love, I really really need to read her second novel. Last year I couldn’t so, I’m planning to read it this year.
Thanks for reading!
Hope to be back sometime!
-Melanie, One Less Lonely Blog