Melanie from One Less Lonely Blog!
This month’s topic is “Top 5 Books I Want To Read In 2016”. Since there’s a lot of amazing books I’m waiting to come out this year, all sequels to already favorite series, I decided to make this list not about them. I will be sharing the top 5 books I already own and I want to read this year because they are in my TBR a while ago. Also, I’m participating in the RockMyTBR challenge so I’m going to pick 5 books from my list.
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien- Basically, Tolkien’s world is my life, and I haven’t read one of it’s more important book. I wanted to read it last year and I didn’t. Now I must read it this year.
- The Sin’s Eaters Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – Because Leigh Bardugo recommended it in a interview I read. Leigh Bardugo’s recommendations are priorities.
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows- I been wanting to read this book since before it came out and I still haven’t find the right moment to read it. Hopefully I will soon.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – I’m going to count this as one but what I mean is that I want to read the whole series this year. I already read The Sorcerer’s Stone and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I have 6 more books to go. This was not on my TBR list but I was planning to read this series this year.
- 99 Days by Katie Coutugo – I love the way Katie writes and after loving How To Love, I really really need to read her second novel. Last year I couldn’t so, I’m planning to read it this year.
Thanks for reading!
Hope to be back sometime!
-Melanie, One Less Lonely Blog
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This Weeks is: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn’t
BUT I had a few books I wanted to read last year that WEREN’T 2015 releases…but most of them were SOOOOOO, I just did books I meant to read in 2015! [Read more…]
Revenge is worth its weight in gold.
When her father is murdered for a journal revealing the location of a hidden gold mine, eighteen-year-old Kate Thompson disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers—and justice. What she finds are untrustworthy strangers, endless dust and heat, and a surprising band of allies, among them a young Apache girl and a pair of stubborn brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, a startling truth becomes clear: some men will stop at nothing to get their hands on gold, and Kate’s quest for revenge may prove fatal.
My Thoughts 4 STARS
Release Date: October 20, 2015
This afternoon, her planet was invaded.
The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit.
But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet’s AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it’s clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she’d never speak to again.
Told through a fascinating dossier of hacked documents—including emails, schematics, military files, IMs, medical reports, interviews, and more—Illuminae is the first book in a heart-stopping, high-octane trilogy about lives interrupted, the price of truth, and the courage of everyday heroes.