Hello and welcome to my blog tour stop where I’ll be talking about odd things that people used to do in Victorian London. I came up with this post idea because of a few interesting things that happened in The Dark Days Pact. Alison is a master at making history come alive and that was one of my favorite aspects of the book. [Read more…]
Binti (Binti #1)
Her name is Binti, and she is the first of the Himba people ever to be offered a place at Oomza University, the finest institution of higher learning in the galaxy. But to accept the offer will mean giving up her place in her family to travel between the stars among strangers who do not share her ways or respect her customs.
Knowledge comes at a cost, one that Binti is willing to pay, but her journey will not be easy. The world she seeks to enter has long warred with the Meduse, an alien race that has become the stuff of nightmares. Oomza University has wronged the Meduse, and Binti’s stellar travel will bring her within their deadly reach.
If Binti hopes to survive the legacy of a war not of her making, she will need both the gifts of her people and the wisdom enshrined within the University, itself – but first she has to make it there, alive.
Today is the release day of the 10th Anniversary Edition of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. This book has impacted millions worldwide and now releases with bonus content in this beautiful new edition that available in stores and online today!
As someone who has known people who have chosen to take the path of suicide, Thirteen Reasons Why is a must read book to help us all see through the eyes of those who are hurting. Take a look below at some of the new content and enter to win a copy of the book!
Imagine: You JUST finished one of the most amazing books you’ve ever read!!! Your heart is full (or broken depending on the book ;)) and you are on an emotional high! Then it’s time to pick your next book. You look at your shelf or ereader and pick your next read. You start reading….and it’s just not as good as the book you just finished. You think, well, I just started it, it’ll get better! Then it doesn’t! DANG IT, you’ve entered the world of a REBOUND BOOK. No matter what you read, you can’t stop thinking about that previous book!
Plus, there’s just something so endearing about those scallywags. 😉
Fortunately for us, 2017 has some great swashbuckling adventures in store so I created a list of my most anticipated booty-rific books! Thank you Christy from Tales of the Ravenous Reader for the suggestion to put this list together! [Read more…]
Melanie from One Less Lonely Blog!
This month’s topic is “Top 5 Books I Want To Read In 2016”. Since there’s a lot of amazing books I’m waiting to come out this year, all sequels to already favorite series, I decided to make this list not about them. I will be sharing the top 5 books I already own and I want to read this year because they are in my TBR a while ago. Also, I’m participating in the RockMyTBR challenge so I’m going to pick 5 books from my list.
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien- Basically, Tolkien’s world is my life, and I haven’t read one of it’s more important book. I wanted to read it last year and I didn’t. Now I must read it this year.
- The Sin’s Eaters Daughter by Melinda Salisbury – Because Leigh Bardugo recommended it in a interview I read. Leigh Bardugo’s recommendations are priorities.
- The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows- I been wanting to read this book since before it came out and I still haven’t find the right moment to read it. Hopefully I will soon.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – I’m going to count this as one but what I mean is that I want to read the whole series this year. I already read The Sorcerer’s Stone and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I have 6 more books to go. This was not on my TBR list but I was planning to read this series this year.
- 99 Days by Katie Coutugo – I love the way Katie writes and after loving How To Love, I really really need to read her second novel. Last year I couldn’t so, I’m planning to read it this year.
Thanks for reading!
Hope to be back sometime!
-Melanie, One Less Lonely Blog